[Alberg30] Bilge Pump Access

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 07:03:38 PST 2003

I think I have the same one. The bottom is plastic as Stephen says. It screw
down then the pump snaps in place and you squeeze in the sides to lift it up
from the base. The problem is that the screen and another small piece don't
come up with the pump. You will need ET arms or some sort of grabber to pick
them out.

I built a "L" shaped bracket and mounted the pump on that and lowered the
whole thing into the bilge and it affixes to the forward wall of the bilge
with a screw that I can remove and lift the bracket and pump out together.
The problem with this is that the bilge pump actually sits about a half-inch
off the bottom of the bilge so it never pumps completely dry.

Bill Blevins, Dahlgren, VA
Alberg 30, Sabrina #158
http://mySailingPhotos.com/Members/Sabrina/