[Alberg30] Rudder pintle

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:28:27 PST 2003

Hi Bill,

The distadvantage to having the rubber stock and pintel all one piece is for
future service. If you do not wait until the pin is gone or crumbling, then
the task of unscrewing the old and screwing in a new bolt, cutting the head
off and re-attaching the shoe is simple and easy. The shoe should be removed
every few years and the bolts replaced anyway. If you wait until the pin is
gone or almost gone, then you have a bigger job.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505