[Alberg30] Doldrums

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:10:13 PST 2003

Have fun in New Zealand. The seminars started great with Ralph Bluntschli
giving a presentation on the intracoastal waterway Chesapeake to Florida and
Bob Leigh taking it from Florida to the west coast of Florida the Keys and
the Bahamas. The party was great too, about 50 people and the infamous Clam
Chowder. George and I were the last ones at the party until 1 a.m.
(surprise!) Everyone else left at 8:30 and Trish went to bed at about 9, but
George and I kept the party alive, even if it was just the two of us!

I will look into the cunningham arrangement again, it's a good idea to fix
the boom because it increases control over the draft.

No word from our friend Don. He bought an old 60 something Mercedes and it
having it restored. That and his several girls friends keeps him pretty
distracted. I think he fancied the idea of being a part boat owner, but
wasn't really committed to it. I am working on another chap that rides the
bus to DC with me. Stayed tuned.

Give our best to Lucy and the dogs and have a great time with at AC races.