[Alberg30] anchor light wiring

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Thu Feb 13 15:22:09 PST 2003

I hate to get into the wire size "discussion", but I would recommend Marine
Grade 14ga (tinned) as a minimum. While your rewiring, look closely at the
sockets for the bulbs and clean or replace any corrosion. When I rewired my
Alberg's mast, I used three long wire ties (tie wraps) next to each other
and more sets of three spaced about every 2 1/2 - 3 feet to keep the wires
from slapping inside the mast. Replacing old wires is one of the best things
you can do to your boat for reliability.
Brian     ex#497