[Alberg30] anchor light wiring

Helmes, Gail S. ghelmes at northropgrumman.com
Thu Feb 13 15:46:55 PST 2003

	When we rewired Encore, we consulted a chart that is available in
the West Marine catalog and in Nigel Calders book.  You need to know the
amps and how long a run you have to come up with the correct wire size.
(i.e., 2 amp light and about 20' up the mast and about 20' from the deck
fitting to the breaker panel).  If I were to do it again, I would use
2-conductor wire.  Anchor has a good line for marine applications.  It's
more expensive but it has a much neater look going from the bottom of the
mast to the deck fitting.  We ran the wire the whole length back to the
breaker panel and left a service loop in for when we next took the mast
down.  You can alway add a bus bar near the deck fitting later.  You may
also want to address the problem of slapping wires inside the mast while you
are at it.  You will get lots of different solutions for that one.  I used
electric ties.