[Alberg30] Re: barnacles on the prop

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Thu Feb 13 20:38:22 PST 2003

   I have had this problem for years. My latest attempt was to put a
2-part (epoxy) bottom paint primer on the prop and then a coat of
ablative bottom anti-fouling paint over that, the object being to
prevent the bottom paint from wearing off. It seems to help, having been
on since May and from looking at it in September I could not see any
barnacles on it. No telling now, as it's far to cold to mess around in
the water.
    Of course I hear it said that putting an ounce of anti-mildew
additive to a gallon of bottom paint does a world of good in keeping
down barnacles.

- Gordon White

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html