[Alberg30] Re: yanmar 2gm or 3gm that is the question !!

Dan & Gay whomever at pinson.us
Sat Feb 15 09:44:48 PST 2003

The A30 I purchased had a 3GM with only around 200 hours. It runs just fine,
no trouble etc. My observation is that it seems to be more power than is
required. However, I before I passed judgement I'd want to try a 2GM or
similar. If they have to run at a high RPM to move the boat along, it would
be a shortcoming.

The same is true with size. Yeah, it fills the engine compartment, but I've
never seen a 2GM installed.

Were I shopping for a new engine, I would compare size and HP and torque. If
others are satified with the 2GM power stats, I'd go with it.

Regards,
Dan

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html