[Alberg30] 2GM versus 3GM Yanmars

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Mon Feb 17 03:49:47 PST 2003

I am swinging a 12x13 wheel on my 2QM15 (I think the GM is 18 HP.)  I am
curious what size wheels those that have the 3GM on Alberg 30's are using. I
think I am pretty much maxed out on wheel diameter. I've always thought the
rule of thumb for displacement vessels was for wheel dimensions to be
'squared' i.e diameter and pitch to be about the same for max. effieiency.

BTW I think the original A4 wheel was 12x8.

Michael

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html