[Alberg30] America's Cup race 4

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Feb 20 13:09:22 PST 2003

J Bergquist wrote:
> So, because the 5-minute floating average windspeed is not between 8 and
> 22 knots, the America's cup has been canceled once again. In lieu of
> that programming, we at ESPN are pleased to bring you the final day of
> fleet racing in the Junior Optimist Nationals...
>
> that'll be the day...

I remember a Windjammers lecture that featured some footage of the Louis
Vuitton cup followed by some-small-boat-or-other junior nationals.  The
small boat film was incredibly exciting to watch, even not knowing any
of the participants.  ESPN and OLN might find that they get more sailing
viewers, at less cost, if they were to televise such things.

  - George

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

UPDATED: http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html