[Alberg30] Re: Repowering/Diesel

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Tue Jan 7 16:09:23 PST 2003

Greetings,
    RE: The A-4/diesel discussion, my 2 cents:
    If repowering (when that old A-4 had about bit the dust)  I'd definitely
go with diesel.  Matthew Hay:  Universal (and other companies I think) makes
an A-4 replacement in diesel form that fits well in the same space.  Mine is
a Universal 3MB 20 hp that is fine.
    Advantages of diesel are numerous
    *  Reliability in marine environment
    *  "Mileage"
    *   Low intensity maintanence
    *  Less explosive hazard
    *  Adds value to the boat (in these parts, anyway)
    * Last, but far from least important-- diesels sound like and smell like
a boat. ( These are aesthetic priorities for many Albergers who, as we can
tell, appreciate the importance of the classic in design.)

Randy Katz
Seattle, WA.

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange.
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html