[Alberg30] Instruments

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 16:49:41 PST 2003

Bob

I find that when I throw a cracker over the side, some seagull cheats Mike's fish out of it in less than 20 seconds.

That said I agree with George, a lead line is hard to beat, but also add a mark to your boat hook at 4 1/2 feet.  This is great for sounding in very thin water, or from the dink.

I found basic Signet instruments do quite well (knot and depth) for wind simple tell tails on the shrouds work.

I have avoided integrating things, at least if one fails, I have the rest.  This also applies to my new boat.
Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35