[Alberg30] Diesel replacement

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 8 06:59:52 PST 2003

My A-37 Sunstone is a 1970 MK I with its original Westerbeke 4-107, leaks a
bit of engine oil in to the sump pan but other than that runs fine. Uses a
litre a season. Burns a1/3 of a gallon an hour at 1200 1/2 gallon at 1600 -
same prop pitch 2 blade 13 x 9LH. Have only once had it quit, the year after
we got her in 1992 when I listened to the previous owners advise and didn't
change the fuel filter - said it was "very complicated" ; ) Well I changed
it, gave a quick bleed and vhrooom. I have changed it annually ever since
and it's pretty straight forward. As for bleeding, that's easy and the only
time I bleed it is after the filter change - no biggy.

Yer kit changes from sparkplugs and wiring spares to filter, wrenches for
bleeding and leeches (to let out the evil humours ; )

John ex A-30 KC-544 (with an A-4 engine)