[Alberg30] galley and nav station reconstruction

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Fri Jan 10 14:41:04 PST 2003

Reference the ice box, one of the biggest shortcomings on many boats is lack
of proper insulation.  Two simple remidies that were done on my boat and
others are:

1) glue about 1 inch foam underneath the top.  Takes a number of custom
fitted pieces but will do a lot of good.

2) Space between ice box and side of hull is virtually inaccessible.  I
drilled a half inch hole from the inside of the box towards the outside near
the top.  Then injected liquid foam.  However, DO NOT inject too much, I did
and the next morning not only was the void between the box and hull full of
foam, my entire ice box was full of foam!  Alot of cutting and cursing and
it was gone and ice kept significantly longer!

Hope this helps

Bob Chambers

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html