[Alberg30] engine pan

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sat Jan 11 07:00:14 PST 2003

Rob,

I would like to remove the mast plate from the deck to seal that area, the
original material from 1965 is breaking down. I have read many statements
concerning this task, what challenges lie ahead in removing the plate from
the deck.

1) Are the screws tapped into the glass or are there nuts/bolts holding this
plate to the boat?
2) It looks as though the previous owner removed the step, broke a few bolts
and retapped into the plate on deck.

Thoughts?

Stephen