[Alberg30] engine pan

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jan 11 07:40:03 PST 2003

Check Steve Weingart's article in the Maintenance Manual.  He went into
a lot of detail on removing and replacing that plate.

  - George

sousa, stephen (ENG) wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I would like to remove the mast plate from the deck to seal that area, the
> original material from 1965 is breaking down. I have read many statements
> concerning this task, what challenges lie ahead in removing the plate from
> the deck.
>
> 1) Are the screws tapped into the glass or are there nuts/bolts holding this
> plate to the boat?
> 2) It looks as though the previous owner removed the step, broke a few bolts
> and retapped into the plate on deck.
   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

Looking for a hard-to-find or out-of-print book?  Or just any book, but
looking for a good deal on a used book?  Check the Advanced Book Exchange,
one of my personal favorite online stores!
http://alberg30.org/store/AbeBooks.html