[Alberg30] Raised Main Cabin Bunks

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Fri Jul 18 09:21:57 PDT 2003

Larry;

Considering I have about 40 items on my to do list just to get the boat back
in the water, your first point is a good one.  However, design of boat
layout is a hobby of mine and it is a pleasant break from rubbing and
scraping.

I think you are incorrect on your second point, however.  I mocked up a seat
last night and, even with my swelled head, shoulder clearance is the
controlling factor (one seat faces forward, one aft).  With a seat 16" above
the current bunk height (I was hoping to get 18"), my shoulder comfortably
clears the underside of the deck while I have about 4" from the top of my
head to the underside of the cabin.  Perhaps that was your point.  The view
out the ports is still excellent though.

I might squander some more time from real work this weekend and build it out
of plywood so I can post a video for everyone to "visualize."

Film at 11:00,

Roger