[Alberg30] cored hull

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Jul 20 11:22:14 PDT 2003

Cored hulls tend to delaminate over use/time regardless of the coring
material. Airex is not as good as balsa in form recovery after a blow, but
does not rot the way balsa does if exposed to water over time. A solid hull
can also delaminate either due to poor lay-up or impact - but it tends to
happen less frequently.

I wouldn't council considering a cored hull, but that is simply my opinion,
others may feel differently.

Cheers,

John