[Alberg30] weatherfax

Alfredo alberg30sail497 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 16:41:37 PDT 2003

On our recent trip to Bermuda we used a simple shortwave radio (Sangean
ATS-909 $350/Radio Shack DX-398 $99.00) and a old laptop runing
Jvcomm32 software. On the way down everything got wet and was unusable
but, by the return trip everything had dried and was working. We where
able to receive faxes quiet easly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend
this set up.
We useed a Metz antena for improved reception.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/542
http://www.jvcomm.de/index_e.html
http://www.landfallnavigation.com/ecr201.html

Gsoodluck,