[Alberg30] Hull color

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:33:21 PDT 2003

Often the staining you refer to is micro-organisms that penetrate the gel
coat, which if it has never been painted is quite porous. When these
micro-organisms die they turn brown. Painting the hull will seal the pores
and prvent them from attaching to the hull, regardless of the color you
choose. I like dark hull boats too, but mine have always been white. I am
sure someone else has comments on the color/temperature effect.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505