[Alberg30] Bilge Junk

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Thu Jul 24 03:08:10 PDT 2003

I had the plesant task of cleaning the bilge for, what seemed like ,the
first time;  lot's of caked oil (wet & dry shop vac worked well).  Under the
muck at the forward end of the lowest psrt of the bilge was what looks like
sand, light tan and granular.  It was so well protected by the caked oil
that it was dry.   I scraped the shop vac head against it and was able to
vacume some of it but, below the loose stuff, it is hard.  It spans the
width of the bilge (only about 6") and stacks about 4" to 6" high.

Has anyone seen this before?

Roger Kingsland
A30 #148