[Alberg30] Merriman winch disassembly

Kathy O'Neill kroneill at icehouse.net
Thu Jun 5 21:19:45 PDT 2003

Scott:
Of the two larger winches I was able to get the set screw removed in one, the other I will have to drill out - but will want to know what's beneath before I poke through with a drill bit. I tried tapping, twisting and prying but am a little bit hesitant to start wacking too hard,  If you do figure out out to pop these things open please let me know...I will keep trying and am going to fax a picture to Rig_Rite and see if they can offer a solution. They came off of an old 1946 Owens Cutter that was destroyed in a fire.  I have been able to buff them up nice (with lots and lots of buffing actually), but obviously don't want one or both to bust once I mount them.  And, since I need to take them apart to mount them anyway.... Thanks for the help.