[Alberg30] refrigeration

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 29 10:02:04 PDT 2003

I like that inexpensive "home depot" foam idea.  Has anyone just lined the
inside of there ice box with 1,2,or4 inch foam and then installed a air
cooled refer system?  Were did you install the compressor?  I have also seen
on some Albergs what appears to be a small DC refrigerator unit mounted
right in the ice box?  Is that only for shore power?  From the photos it
seemed they had removed the old teak door and just used the fridge door?
For some reason, I am thinking a small fridge would not work as well as say
a fridgoboat system with two or four inch foam?  You also can get an
oversized evaporator with a duel thermostat, this way you can choose if you
want refer or freezer depending on what you are doing.  Or a compartmental
evaporator giving you a small freezer space in your refrig.  The cost for a
fridgoboat system seems to be around $1,300.00 with self install.  After
spending last summer rowing into town to buy ice and food on daily bases in
tourist land $1,300.00 sounds cheap!
Best,
Matt