[Alberg30] Mainsail Comments

John Allen galleon at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 2 22:21:44 PDT 2003

For non-racers:  I've shortened the mainsail foot by 18 inches and the head
by 6 inches. I no longer have to duck to preserve my cranium. The top batten
is full, leech to luff.  Most of the roach is gone.  Speed is as good, if
not better than before.  I like the long boom for several reasons which are
obvious, but with a good stiff foresail Skybird balances well and behaves
much better.