[Alberg30] Mainsail Comments

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Tue Jun 3 06:31:13 PDT 2003

Because of my remote location (nearest loft is over 200 miles away) I
purchased a 135 Genoa last summer from Sailnet when I installed a profurl.
The sales person I dealt with was Lin Robinson (I think) and the order went
without any problems.  I had the new sail delivered in about 3 weeks and it
fit without any problem.  I believe they have three levels of quality.  I
chose the mid-level as I only sail in fresh water and our season is so
short. They have a very detail measurement form and if you follow the
instructions, you shouldn't have any problems.  I realize that a main sail
is a little more complicated to design/construct, but I believe I would
order a new one from them as well.

I quoted my local sail maker and I believe CD Direct (North's mail order)
and the quote I received from Sailnet was lower (about a $1,000 less than
local loft and $400 less than North) with about 3 week delivery.  Only
variation from quote was I had to pay overnight shipping to receive by July
4th weekend.  Plus, there was no sales tax being they have no retail outlet
in Michigan.

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana