[Alberg30] Re: failed galvanized exhaust system fitting

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Mar 25 07:46:30 PST 2003

   Since it was in the boat when I bought it I can't be sure of its age,
but no older than the Westerbeke Diesel engine that was put in about
1989. It had about 200 hours on the Hobbs meter when it failed in 1996,
so my guess is that the fitting was about seven years old and had not
had a lot of use.

- Gordon White, A-275