[Alberg30] Bronze Risers

Rick Leach RLeach at mbayaq.org
Thu Mar 27 13:47:40 PST 2003

Ahoy All,

I understand the idea of using bronze for your exhaust riser providing a longer service life because it doesn't corrode as quickly.  Just be sure that you understand that when you couple dissimilar metals in the presence of an electrolyte that something's got to give.  If the bronze riser is more noble that your exhaust manifold, guess where you're going to start losing metal.  I'd rather replace a steel exhaust riser every three or four years than have to pull and replace an A-4 exhaust manifold ($$$).  Just a thought.

Rick Leach
S/V Sugar Magnolia
Monterey, California