[Alberg30] Atomic 4 exhaust riser

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Fri Mar 28 09:04:29 PST 2003

George,
I have a new 6" nipple, which measures 6" from end to end (4" from thread to thread). It is 2" shorter than the one in my old riser. Do you think I need the extra 2" to be above the waterline, or can I go with the 6" nipple? It sounds to me as if I need the 8" (end to end) nipple.
Jay
 George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:Jay,

How are you measuring it? The 6" is from thread to thread. A 6" nipple
is about 8 or 9 inches long.

In any event, the purpose of the riser is to get the top point above the
waterline at any angle of heel.

- George

Jay Davenport wrote:
> The diagram of an Atomic 4 exhaust riser on the A30 website is almost
> identical to the old riser I took off my engine. The one difference
> is in the length of the main vertical pipe nipple. In the diagram it
> is shown as being 6" long. On my engine it is 8" long. Does anyone
> know if the 2" difference is significant?

Hope your road is a long one. George Dinwiddie
May there be many summer mornings when, gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
with what pleasure, what joy, http://www.Alberg30.org
you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy

| This Old Boat by Don Casey |

Include command "unsubscribe
" in subject or body.