[Alberg30] Atomic 4 exhaust riser

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Mar 28 09:52:57 PST 2003

Sorry, Jay.  I guess I was wrong about how pipe nipples are specified.
But a "close nipple" is one where the threads meet.

I'll update the drawing.

  - George

Jay Davenport wrote:
> George, I have a new 6" nipple, which measures 6" from end to end (4"
> from thread to thread). It is 2" shorter than the one in my old
> riser. Do you think I need the extra 2" to be above the waterline, or
> can I go with the 6" nipple? It sounds to me as if I need the 8" (end
> to end) nipple. Jay George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org>
> wrote:Jay,
>
> How are you measuring it? The 6" is from thread to thread. A 6"
> nipple is about 8 or 9 inches long.
>
> In any event, the purpose of the riser is to get the top point above
> the waterline at any angle of heel.
>
> - George
>
> Jay Davenport wrote:
>
>> The diagram of an Atomic 4 exhaust riser on the A30 website is
>> almost identical to the old riser I took off my engine. The one
>> difference is in the length of the main vertical pipe nipple. In
>> the diagram it is shown as being 6" long. On my engine it is 8"
>> long. Does anyone know if the 2" difference is significant?

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy