[Alberg30] Acadian

Matthew Wynn mattwynn at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri May 2 14:31:53 PDT 2003

Hi George,

   Below are some web pages/sites with information on the Acadian sloop
and yawl. The brochure credits George McVay with the design. Paceship
built a large range of yachts from dinghies up to about 32' many of
which George designed. I met George at his plant in Mahone Bay not long
before his death and he enthusiastically showed me a number of his
prototypes which to my knowledge were never mass produced. I owned one
of Georges designs - a Cruisette. I sailed in a number of others but
only got on board an Acadian Yawl which was very popular. McVay was a
prolific designer and at one time had his own company - McVay Yachts.
The following web sites provide more info:

www.paceship.org/Designers/McVay.htm
www.victoriayachts.com/mcvayart.html
www.paceship.org/history.htm
www.paceship.org/downloads/brochure-Acadian.pdf