[Alberg30] Acadian

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Fri May 2 19:29:54 PDT 2003

Today I watched as my George McVay built, William Roue designed (except
for the cuddy cabin: ) was prepared for her trip to Connecticut to her new
home!  George built his boats in Mahone Bay, N.S., and his son William,
designed a small boat, the Victoria 18, made in DeBary, Florida from the
late 1970's through the mid 1980's.  They have a website with a photo of
my Bluenose Sloop Hell-Diver.  The Victoria was greatly influenced by the
Bluenose.  My wife and I fell in love with sailing after seeing a swank
little Victoria 18 sailing pertly on our local inland mud lake near
Cincinnati.  Years later we bought that boat and she sailed so well with
her shoal draft fixed keel that I stuck with full keel boats afterwards!

McVay also I believe, designed and built a 18' boat, the Minuet!

Sailing my Bluenose on Lake Erie for the first time was somewhat of a deja
vu experience reminding me so much of our Victoria, the Raven, that it was
amazing...however  the longer waterline and full keel of the Bluenose put
me in Mellow Drive!

We are now anxiously awaiting the shipping of our Philip L. Rhodes
designed Rhodes Meridian, WATERMARK!  She reminds me so much of a smaller
Alberg 30 : )

Scott Wallace