[Alberg30] Hull Painting

Randy Weatherspoon rlwspoon at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 20:58:06 PDT 2003

I am getting ready to undertake painting my hull--

Question-- total hull from keel to the deck
-- how many square feet or gallons per coat -- looking at interlux -- also not knowing what the previous paint
system was-- what about compatability problems if any ?

Question -- for bottom paint - antifouling -- how many square feet or gallons per coat

Question --the previous owner had done some repairs with West System Epoxy where the boat had rubbed
against the pier--- in looking at various fairing compounds-- they say not to use on epoxy--
what shoul I use ?

Question - on spider cracking on the deck-- especially at the lifeline stanchion bases--
can this be painted with awlgrip or does it require a more aggressive solution? --
also if this is only the gel coat can damage occure to deck core?

All comments appreciated
Thanks Randy #385

PS On the stuffing box  ---could you use pipe wrenches-- or one at least?