[Alberg30] What I learned about pumps...

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 12:35:51 PDT 2003

I found a pressure switch for $18 made by Square-D. It's adjustable from 20
psi to 40 psi. You can simply "T" it into the output side of the pump and it
will switch the pump off when the pressure in the output side reaches the
desired pressure and switch it back on the pressure drops.

Here's what I learned....impellor pumps with rubber impellors do a good job
pushing water but will not build pressure because the blades fold over when
there is pressure.

Moral of the story...don't waste your time like I did this weekend, just go
buy a damn pump made for the job with a built-in switch.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505