[Alberg30] Bottom Paint Step-by-step

Hansen, Richard D LTC Student Richard.Hansen at carlisle.army.mil
Wed May 28 07:56:57 PDT 2003

In what order does one paint the hull...hull to keel or keel to hull?
(Note: Partner and I intend to roll and tip 1 part Interlux Brightsides, a
Boot stripe, and Interlux antifouling on bottom)

I would think painting boot stripe first might be best.  Boot strip would
then allow 3M tape to hold for top side of hull and antifouling paint on
bottom.  In other words, removing the 3M tape after hull painting and again
after bottom painting would not damage the boot stripe.  Seems like if one
painted keel to deck, the antifouling paint would not allow 3M tape to
adhere to it.  Or removing 3M tape would also remove antifouling paint?
Could not find these details in book or site. Suggestions?