[Alberg30] winch grease

Kevin Blanc t.k.blanc at att.net
Sat May 10 09:51:29 PDT 2003

I think this all varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. I am certain
that there are some winches that require grease on the bearings and oil
- no grease - on the pawls and springs.

A tube of bearing grease will last through years of cleanings. It is
formulated differently than wheel bearing grease. Is the difference
important? Who knows. Is it worth paying extra for the one tube of
grease you're going to buy in a decade? I'd say so.