[Alberg30] A4 Typical Ranges

Capnreitz at aol.com Capnreitz at aol.com
Sun May 11 17:17:28 PDT 2003

I think my tank is typical, I have never really emptied it all the way to
determine its volume. I guesstimate 14 to 15 gallons. I further calculated,
over a period of years, that I burn one gallon an hour at five knots in a
moderate sea running against a tide of no more than 2 to 3 knots. I make an
annual trip to Cape Cod from Sandy Hook and that is what it averages out to
be. For safety sake and total lack of wind, such as last year for two days, I
have four 5 gallon jerry cans, plastic type, strapped to the after rail.
Dances With Waves #457
Ralph