[Alberg30] Engine Alignment

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Fri May 16 18:29:14 PDT 2003

Shaft alignment is measured with a feeler guage to several /thousandths of
an inch. 1/8" is a tad excessive-That will affect the bearings in your
transmission. I guess you didn't notice if there was an alignment problem
when originally disconnectiong the shaft? I mean, do you think the
misalignment was a prexisting condition or the result of recent
modifications? One is not supposed to do a final shaft adjustment until the
boat is in the water, but I really doubt a boat hull built like an Alberg
will deflect on the ways.

Anyway, to answer your question, the engine will need to be shimmed to
match the shaft. Shims go under the motor mounts; more of a tedious job
than particularly difficult.

Michael