[Alberg30] What's a knee hull?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat May 17 06:30:29 PDT 2003

The knees in question are wooden pieces glassed into the angle made by
the hull and deck.  They hold the forward lower shrouds, which are
foward of any convenient bulkheads for attachment.  On larger wooden
vessels, knees are curved pieces of wood, hence the name as they look
like the knee of a leg.

  - George

Tom DeWitt wrote:
> I'll swallow my pride and ask even though it shows my ignorance.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy