[Alberg30] Fuel tanks

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue May 20 07:58:14 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/20/03 8:02:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BlueDolphin at rivnet.net writes:

<< I believe the term 'saddle tanks' as used in the Alberg discussion does not
 refer to the shape of the tank but rather the location in which many of us
 installed them.  That is, against the outside of the hull up under the
 coaming.  Though most (i >>
Thx, Bob. I thought the 'saddle' came from cowboys saddle bags, being
vertical, like saddle bags on a touring bike. Either way, 'saddle up,
pilgrim, daylights burnin'   :)
I have been searching the web for one that is less than 7 inches wide at the
top, as anything larger really blocks off the hatch to the cockpit locker on
my, older model, boat. I haven't had any luck. Looks like I will end up with
the 18 gallon tank from Tempo, which is 8 inches wide at the top. I guess I
can still get dock lines in and out.
Lee