[Alberg30] Dinghies

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Thu May 29 13:33:28 PDT 2003

If the downhaul is the only problem w/ stowing dingy aft of mast, on my old
boat (1962 Rhodes 19) I rigged a "double preventer" instead of a downhaul.
It involved lines form the boom to a block on the rail (neat the aft side
stay) on each side then leading to the cockpit.  I would cleat the preventer
before tightening the sheet to get correct "flatness" of the main.  One
caveat, don't jibe (or even head up) without releasing (this I know fro
first hand experience).  Otherwise worked well for me and it might work on
an A30.

Roger Kingsland
Mahina Manu, #184