[Alberg30] Hello from New Alberg 30 Owner

robert robicheaux capricebob at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 10:31:28 PST 2003

Hello Everyone!

My name is Bobby and I just wanted to say greetings to everyone out here in C-space.  I've learned much from reading the emails here.  I appreciate it.  Last winter I purchased an Alberg 30, Hull number 388 - Caprice - she needs a little TLC.  It was a joy sailing her this summer even though the season really sucked in Boston.

Now that I've finally joined this list, I shall try and throw my two cents into the mix.  My experience is limited but like my stomach, it grows daily. Some projects I've already completed on Caprice includes:  New thru hull fittings and sea cocks for the galley and head,  installed a new head, a holding tank under the port berth, Y valve, manual pump and vented loop.

My partner and I are planning a season in the Caribbean next year.  The get the boat ready we are planning the following projects: update the wiring, add new breaker panel, add wind generator, install the Cape Horn windvane, replace standing and running rigging, install SSB, procure new main and 90 % jib, fix dinks, and make her pretty.

I look forward to your kind suggestions and guidence and I will be happy to offer my experience in my undertakings.

Bobby