[Alberg30] More on Water Depth

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Tue Nov 18 17:25:32 PST 2003

>watching as the majority
>of the VERY expensive seed and shell was blasted via firehoses into the
>CHANNEL.

For the record:  From your description it sounds like a Langenfelder
operation. Those shells are fossil shells mined from the Pooles Island
area. They represent 50% of the amount dredged up and are part of the deal
the State of MD has with Langenfelder. In practical terms they , and their
transportation, has cost the state nothing. Langenfelder's part of the
take makes portland cement and other products.

Now, whether all that new oyster bottom does any good is another question,
but do we really have to go to yankee land to get yankee advice on how
yankees do things?

I think I'd rather stay ignorant.

Michael Grosh