[Alberg30] Group purchase question

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:28:44 PST 2003

Hi Bill,

The way the group purchase committee works is that when somone wants to buy
something, they survey the rest of the group to see who else might be
interested, just as you have done in this email. Once you find enough people
who what the same items, you become the "group purchase committee chairman"
for that buy. There is no formal committee, but this adhoc process has
worked well over the years. We have bought heads, holding tanks, engines,
sails, roller furlers, hats, etc. and many have saved hundreds of dollars on
upgrades to their boats.

Having said all that I don't need anything on your list. I will however,
make a suggestion on the adjustable traveller - each year Fawcetts has a
George Washington Birthday sale. They will take trade-ins on old travellers
(or anything that resembles and old traveller) toward the purchase of a new
Harken adjustable traveller. If you need pieces and parts, I have plenty of
old crap you can use as a trade-in.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505