[Alberg30] Bottoms

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Fri Nov 14 03:22:48 PST 2003

I've always tended to agree with you comments and still think I do most of the time.

I'm just doubting myself now that I've had a full year racing the A30 with friends aboard who have been "winners" in this fleet in the past. They see that we are sailing well - mechanically (and most of the time technically). Their comments have been similar to, "Well, we didn't make any mistakes today. When you get that racing bottom on, you'll be at the top".

On a somewhat related note, every single person who's been on board this year who has a boat has commented on how much they enjoyed the A30 and it's sailing characteristics. Everyone comments on the "looks". If anything negative was ever said it was along the lines of, "Sure is cozy down here" when going below.

The way I figure it, it's perfect for 2 people racing and cruising by ourselves often and I really eat up the "Sure looks good" or "That's a beautiful boat" comments! (Not to mention that we can keep sailing when the wind builds above 30 knots!

Bill Blevins
Alberg 30, Sabrina #158
http://mysailingphotos.com