[Alberg30] Reinforcing the Deck Beam

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 19 19:48:59 PST 2003

I'm looking for opinions on this one.  The laminated deck beam on my A30 is in perfect shape.  No apparent movement or delamination.  I eventually intend to take the boat 'into harms way' so to speak.  Should I install the aluminum braces as a preventative measure or just carry them along as a repair part to be used if needed?  Does anyone know what percentage of deck
beams have had problems?  And as an aside, what percentage of boats with deck beam problems also had roller furling?

Todd