[Alberg30] Reinforcing the Deck Beam

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Thu Nov 20 04:34:25 PST 2003

I'm a firm believer in the "if it's not broke don't fix it" paradigm. I
don't think there has been a beam that has failed catastrophically. They
usually start delaminating and then lose their battle with gravity(or
compression) over time.

BUT, if
> Should I install the aluminum braces as a preventative measure or just
carry them along as a repair part to be >used if needed
are the two options you are giving yourself, why not carry it installed
and be done with it?

Michael Grosh