[Alberg30] Prop selection

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:59:58 PST 2003

I would not run my boat on the reverse gear for any extended period of time.
The gearing is different that the forward gear and reverse was designed to
be used only for short periods. Maybe someone, who knows more about
transmission, can comment on this.

Second, a new prop isn't that expensive, and if properly sized you won't
have to try different ones, because you will have the right one. You are not
'stuck' with a prop forever... it can be re-pitched. There are limits which,
if memory serves me, is 1" in either direction. Meaning you can go from a
12x6 to a 12x7 or the other way to a 12x5. Some things you can't change are
diameter or direction L/R. That's when you buy a new prop.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505