[Alberg30] Tape

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 24 08:29:19 PST 2003

Hi Bill;
    You may have to compromise and use a sheet of plastic that is deck shaped
and the shrink wrap tape on the hull and cabin side, comings etc. If you are far
enough south and the sun shines, even on a cool day, this will act as a
greenhouse and heat the air under the plastic in daytime which may also help
water to migrate outo the deck. If you want go the whole way, you could put a
plastic tent over the boat to shed water and work under it even it it is cool
and damp outside. Make sure though that if you paint under plastic, the fumes
are controlled away from you and the paint has enough time to dry before there
is condensation within the system. Most plastics will allow cooling just as fast
as the outside air once the sun goes down, especially if there is water within
the plastic canopy.
    If you want more info and science on plastics, I have done some work on the
transmission of energy with plastic films so write me off line.
Don