[Alberg30] Interior Wood

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Nov 25 12:34:47 PST 2003

Thanks Brian - one thing - what does IHMO mean? I have never seen that
before. Is it an acronym?

>>> timmins at optonline.net 11/20/03 05:19AM >>>
Dave,
   Sorry about my previous post. I was refering to exterior teak
finish. I
completely missed rereading your subject line which defines interior!
Duh.
  IMHO the interior should stay oiled. A quick cleaning wipe down in
the
spring, followed by a fresh light wipe with teak oil is all I ever did
on my
Alberg. The interior stayed beautiful. On my current boat, I've got a
varnished teak interior. I don't have any idea what sort of maintenance
the
previous owners did, but I've got areas where the finish is
deteriorated. I
keep putting off refinishing the interior due to the scope of the job.
Sand,
clean the dust (I know it will go everywhere), several coats of
varnish
(with more sanding and cleaning between coats). It's a major project
as
opposed to the wipe, let dry, wipe, let dry, process of reoiling.
Regards,
Brian      ex#497