[Alberg30] New Sails

Patty Johnson patty5555 at webtv.net
Tue Oct 14 14:35:58 PDT 2003

I saw one "explode" during the last big race here at my club, Fairhope
Yacht Club, on little ole Mobile Bay, AL. .  It was the main on a 33
Olson.  The wind was honkin', and just before the start it blew out and
they had to go in.  BTW I got a third after three races in my class.  I
was reefed to start with and with only a working jib....down wind we
took out the reef and left it that way for the rest of the race.  Could
have started out that way!  Just learning the boat after having a
Catalina 27 for the past 5 years.  Huge difference with that big ass
keel.  I probably could have use the 150 to boot!  25 knot winds that
day.
Patty