[Alberg30] New Main Sail

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Oct 5 14:42:56 PDT 2003

Additionally, Schafer Marine has a full batten aluminium control slide
similar to the Batt slide made by Harken which, unlike Harken, works on the
existing 7/8" T Track - when I bought 4 they were cheaper than I think they
are today, but they deal nicely with the loading issue. The batten is fitted
and machine screwed in place to the aluminium housing/sleeve. The slide is
over length further reducing loading - all very secure. Please note however
that, unlike the expensive bearing track Harkens, they cannot be reefed down
wind - you have to get the wind out of the sail to reef.

I like them.

Hope this is a help.

Regards,

John